Saturday, November 2, 2019

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 2

Good morning!

Man is it a chilly start to the weekend!  I'll admit I was enjoying those warmer fall days we had last week for sure.  It's day 2 of my 30 day gratitude challenge and today's card is an all occasion theme using the Come Sail Way Product Suite.  One thing I've noticed is that despite having a house full of men I definitely don't have a lot of masculine thank you cards in my stash, something I need to work on so they're ready to go when needed.

For this card I started with Sahara Sand cardstock for the cardbase and then matted the Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper cardfront (which was sponged lightly with Sahara Sand ink to distress it) with a piece of Night of Navy cardstock.  Before attaching this layer I wrapped a piece of Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker's Twine around the cardfront and tied a bow around the two strips of baker's Twine.

For the main image I used stamped the sail boat image from the Sailing Home stamp set in Night of Navy ink on Whisper White cardstockstock and sponged this layer also with the Sahara Sand ink before matting it with Balmy Blue cardstock.  I used the coordinating Smooth Sailing Dies (available at a 10% discount when purchased as a bundle with the stamp set) to cut out the ships wheel out of basic black cardstock and tucked it behind the main stamped piece.  The final tough was to add the greeting which was stamped in Night of Navy on Sahara Sand cardstock, cut out with the Stitched Shapes dies, and attached with dimensionals.

It's there just something calming about images of the sea?  Don't know what it is but it always brings a smile to my face and this card is sure to brighten someone's day.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog