Monday, June 19, 2017

SSINKspiration Inspiration Challenge SSINKIC46: Colorful Seasons Beachy Greetings

Good morning!  Since it's the start of the new week it's time for a new challenge over on the SSINKspiration blog, this week it's an inspiration challenge.  Now I'll admit these one's are tough for me so I usually don't play along but when I saw the fabulous picture Jennifer provided us I knew the Colorful Seasons bundle would be perfect and beachy fun was needed.  I also decided to combine this with the June Proverbial Stampers color challenge (I did add a little Crushed Curry but everyone needs some sun at the beach!).

I started off with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper (using one of the Berry Burst patterns) as a background for my cardfront.  The cardfront is Whisper White and I started by taking the High Tide stamp set and stamping some sand on the bottom using Crumb Cake ink (I stamped off once for the lighter color and full strength for the darker to add some dimension).  For the sky I took some Soft Sky ink and sponged all over the top leaving some white peaking through.

For the sun, I used the Daisy Punch and some Crushed Curry cardstock and then after punching it out used the Big Shot and Layering Circles Framelits to cut the tips of the petals to look more "sunish".  To the center of the sun I added a Gold Faced Gem.


Next I used the Colorful Season stamp set and stamp the drink cup (using Berry Burst and Old Olive and then cut the cup out using the Big Shot and Seasonal Layers Thinlits.  The same thinlit set has the super cute beach chair die and it was cut using Bermuda Bay cardstock.  I used a dimensional to pop the drink up off the arm of the chair.

The final touch was to add the greeting and since I always need birthday cards I used the Birthday Delivery stamp set (this was the perfect font!) and stamped the greeting in Old Olive ink.

While I can't be at the beach right now this card definitely helps bring those warm relaxing feelings and I just love the cute images in the Colorful Seasons bundle, will be using it all year long. 

Make sure to check out the other design team members made using this same inspiration and then share what you created, we would love to see it!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog