Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge SSINKCC46: Lovely Inside & Out

Good morning!  It was another wild and crazy  weekend and I had fun with just a mom/son weekend while hubby was out camping.  Because we were on the go I didn't get as much stamping time as I would have liked but I knew I had to play along with this months color sketch over on the SSINKspiration blog since it combines one of the new 2017-2019 In Colors with a couple of classics.  I also decided to play with some fun new items as well, yeah!

I started with Pear Pizzaz cardstock for the cardbase and then stamped with the Hardwood background stamp and Crumb Cake ink (I stamped off first to lighten up the image).  Next I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and used the Big Shot and new Lovely Words Thinlits to cut out the "friend" window.  These new thinlits are great, not only can you cut out and use jus the words but they also fit in our other framelits for lots of options.

Next I took the Wood Words stamp set and stamped the floral image a few times using Berry Burst ink ad then colored in some of the flowers with the Daffodil Delight watercolor pencil and blender pen and the leaves with the Pear Pizzaz Stampin' Write marker. 

For the thanks I used the Lovely Inside and Out stamp set (it coordinates and is a bundle with the Lovely Words Thinlits so you save 10% when you buy both) and stamped using Berry Burst ink on Daffodil delight ink before punching it out with the Classic Label Punch.  It may be hard to see but then I cut a little piece of a White Doily and tucked it under the Whisper White layer so it just peaks out from below where the thanks is.  The final touch was to tie a tiny bow using the 1/4" Copper Trim and attached it with a glue dot (this ribbon is so amazing since you can keep it thin or you can fan it out like I did for a softer look and it holds the shapes (I know this ribbon is on backorder right now but order it now so you get in line and will get yours as soon as the next shipment arrives, you'll want to use it all year long!)  To finish the card I attached the entire cardfront to the cardbase with dimensionals so it pops up and has some extra depth. 

This card has a fun mix of floral and texture that is really on trend right now and the burst of colors are sure to brighten anyone's day.  Make sure to check out the other design teams cards using the same color sketch and then we would love for you to play along and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog