Friday, June 30, 2017

SSINKspiration Friday Favorites Accessories: This Little Piggy

Good morning!  It was another wonderful week which of course few by way to quickly but I am more than looking forward to this weekend.  We have another swim meet, graduation party, and then big fireworks festivities, which is just our Saturday, haha!  Today on the SSINKspiration blog we're sharing our favorite accessories, and I love accessories the one I've been using on almost every project since I got it is the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I'll admit, when these first came out I didn't see what the big deal was (don't worry I still ordered right away) but after using them I love the extra detail it adds without any extra work on my part, which is perfect!  I also decided to use the This Little Piggy stamp set, when I first got it as part of my Display Stamper box I didn't know what to think since lots of watercoloring isn't normally my thing but these guys are so cute and I love the sayings so the more I use it the more I fall in love with it.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Oh My Stars Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (wood planks seem to go along with the barn theme, have I mentioned we raised pigs when I was a kid?) and then added a piece of Old Olive 3/8" Mini Chevron Ribbon.

For the main stamped image I stamped the pig on Shimmery White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Ink (I find it works better for watercoloring) and then colored in the pig using my Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, and some Pink Pirouette reinker and the cut him out using the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  The greeting was stamped on Pink Pirouette cardstock with Basic Black ink before being cut out with the same framelits and attached with dimensionals.

When you want to say things to someone you want to bring a smile to their face and this card and the little piggy certainly do that.  Adult coloring is certainly on trend right now so you should take a stab at watercoloring, it's nice and relaxing!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog