Wednesday, May 24, 2017

SSINKspiration New Catalog Preview: This Little Piggy

Good morning!  We're a little less than a week away from the new catalog release (whoo hoo!) so today the SSINKspiration designers have decided to share some fun projects using items from the new catalog to get you excited.  I was honored to be one of the display stampers at OnStage last month so I was able to get a super early advance on some of the products and make samples to share at OnStage.  This set is This Little Piggy and it has such cute images, even Aidan loved it when he saw it siting on my desk.  Because of the fun line images with this set it lends itself nicely to watercoloring but I wanted to show an idea that didn't involve coloring so I did a watercolor wash.  This card also shows of 3 of the 5 new In Colors, Powder Pink, Berry Burst, and Lemon Lime Twist (don't these just sound fun!!)

I started with Lemon Lime Twist cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper (this paper has a fun watercolor wash to the coloring so it looks like it has some movement to it).

For the main image I started by taking a piece of White Shimmer Paper and cut out using the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.  Then using my Aqua Painter and ink pads I colored all over the cardstock for the wash effect and then let it dry, completely.  Once it was dry I stamped the pig image using the Tuxedo Black ink.  The little flower is from the Daisy Delight stamp set and was stamped on Berry Burst paper using Basic Black ink and then cut out with Paper Snips before being attached to the oval with a dimensional.  A little rhinestone is the perfect accent to the center of the flower.

Before attaching the stamped image to the cardfront I took some Silver Metallic Thread and looped it around several times so it peaks out from behind the oval.  The greeting is also from the This Little Piggy stamp set and was stamped in Night of Navy ink, cut out with the same Stitched Shapes Framelits and attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.

This card brings a smile to my face when I look at it and know it will to whoever receives it.  While this card looks really complicated it's not, you just need to be patient with the watercoloring and make sure to let it dry completely before stamping your image (I actually let mine sit overnight).  You're going to have lots of fun playing with this set, I can't wait.

Enjoy!

Diana


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love the coloring and this new stamp set. It is going to be a favorite. Thanks for sharing this cute card.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog