Monday, May 22, 2017

SSINKspiration Technique Challenge #SSINKTC45: Black Magic

Good morning!  What a crazy weekend, with hubby traveling it was just Aidan and I and we were on the go a lot and then I had a race on Sunday and got back to spend a fun afternoon stamping with a friend (it was a good thing I didn't have to move much, haha!)  It's technique challenge time over on the SSINKspiration blog and this month it's the Black Magic Technique.  I'll admit I've never tried this before, but that's the point of these challenges to stretch and try new things.  This technique reminds me of some of the artwork from the 80's that remember, a little retro and fun!  I also decided to mix things up with a little something new (Ribbon of Courage stamp set) and something retiring (DSP).

I started with a pieces of Thick Whisper White cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black carstock as a mat for the Melon Mambo Designer Series Paper (from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack, retiring).









For the main stamped image I used the new Ribbon of Courage stamp set (you will love this set, lots of great images and messages and the fonts are perfect!).  I stamped the solid ribbon image on Basic Black cardstock using Whisper White Craft Ink and then took my Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay (yeah I know I have a thing for this color combination, love it!) and colored little circle scribbles all over the ribbon.  It' kind of looks like funky chalk board art!  Before attaching this piece to the cardfront I matted it with Bermuda Bay cardstock.

 

The final touch was to add the greeting which was stamped in Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White cardstock and then cut out with the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits.  Of course I had to mat that as well so I used one of the scalloped oval framelits and a piece of Gold Foil Paper for just a little sparkle, and attached the whole piece to the cardfront with dimensionals.

This technique was fun to try and definitely gives you some fun options for a little retro look, I could see doing something like this for scrapbooking.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team has made using this technique and then we would love for you to come play along with us and share what you create!

Below are products used on this card that you can order now:

Product List
Enjoy! Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Hope to have some crafting time this afternoon, have wanted to try the Black Magic for some time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog