Friday, May 19, 2017

SSINKspiration Friday Favorites: Retiring Stamp Set

Good morning!  It's another big eventful weekend coming up an this time we're missing one of the gang, Chris is traveling, so Aidan and I are looking forward to lots of fun.  Today the SSINKspiration designers are sharing their favorite retiring stamp sets and given how much we're outside and with scouts I instantly fell in love the Always an Adventure stamp set and am sad to see it retire so soon (but it's staying nice and safe in my studio).  This is one of the cards we'll be making in Sunday's retiring card class and we this set I is great for any occasion, can be changed to a birthday card if you don't need a Father's Day card.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then wrapped a piece of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine (retiring) around the cardfront.  I added a piece of Dapper Denim cardstock as the base for my outdoor setting.  Then using the Outdoor Adventure Framelits (retiring) and the Big Shot I cut the mountains and snow and tree line. 

Using the Always an Adventure stamp set (retiring)  I stamped the tent out of Crushed Curry ink, the bear using Chocolate Chip ink, and the lake using Marina Mist ink.  After cutting the pieces out with the framelits (there isn't a framelit for the lake but it's easy to cut out with Paper Snips) I attached all the pieces to the cardfront using dimensionals.

The final touch was to add the greeting which is from the Guy Greetings stamp set (so happy this is carrying over) and was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.

This card has lots of little pieces but really doesn't take long to make and it's so fun it's sure to impress.  Can't wait to see how the ladies like this card at this weekends class, I think it will be lots of fun!  Also remember the retiring items will only be available until the end of the month so don't miss out adding them to your stamping toolbox.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog