Thursday, May 11, 2017

SSINKspiration Salute to Mother's: Greatest Greetings

Good morning!  I can't believe Mother's Day is just a few days away, I'll admit I was putting finishing touches on our cards and gifts so I could get them in the mail today to arrive in time to show our mom's and grandma's with love.  Today the SSINKspiration team wanted to do a special feature to provide a little more inspiration for Mother's Day in case you are still working on your projects.  Even though it is dark and rainy here today, this card is bright and cheery, sure to please.

I started with Mint Macaron cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (retiring) as the cardfront and wrapped a piece of the coordinating Succulent Garden 3/8" Ribbon (retiring) around the DSP (this ribbon is so soft and pretty!)

next I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the greeting from the Greatest Greetings stamp set (retiring) in Calypso Coral ink before matting it with Tip Top Taupe cardstock and attaching the piece to the cardfront with dimensionals.  I don't have the succulent framelits to coordinate with this DSP (shocked I'm sure) so I decided to use the Botanical Buider Framelits (retiring) and the Big Shot to create my little flower bouquet.  I love how easy it is to make flowers with these framelits and the way they are designed you can really lift the pieces for added texture and dimension to the card.  I added some enamel dots from the 2016-2018 In Color Enamel Shapes (retiring) and Metallic Enamel Shapes for the final touch.

Sometimes I'm so afraid to use a big piece of DSP on projects but it's a great way to add a lot of color and interest with very little work, and it's not like I don't have enough DSP to last a few lifetimes so it's time to "use it up".  This paper also projects such a great color palette to build all the rest of the elements and I'm sure mom will love some flowers that will last forever!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog