Friday, August 3, 2018

SSINKspiration CASE the Designer (Me!): Thankful Thoughts

Good morning!  The weekend has finally arrived (yay!) and today the SSINKspiration team is playing another round of CASE the Designer and this month they are CASEing ME!  It's always funny looking back at past projects and use one of them as inspiration for a new card.  I knew I wanted to tie in the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper which is my Featured Product of the week.  Also, I had a coworker recently purchase some thank you cards from me and she mentioned that I didn't have very many masculine thank you cards, considering I make a lot of thank you cards I was surprised by that but after looking in my card stash I discovered she was right, so I decided to use this as an opportunity to make a masculine thank you card and came across this card I shared back in April and knew it would be perfect.

I started with Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the cardbase and then added two different pieces of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper, cutting one at an angle and using a piece of Cherry Cobbler 1/4" Double Stitched Ribbon to cover the seam.

For the greeting I used the Thankful Thoughts stamp set and stamped in Cherry Cobber ink on Very Vanilla cardstock before cutting it out with the Tailored Tag Punch.  I used my Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker to make faux stitching along the edges of the punched piece before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

To finish off the card I added a button from the True Gentleman Buttons and used  a piece of Twine from the Nature's Twine to tie the bow (I did darken up the Crumb Cake twine with some Soft Suede ink) and used glue dots to attach the button to the cardfront.





If you want to look at the original card, check it out HERE.

This card definitely has the masculine feel and is a great way to show off some of the patterns in this gorgeous paper (and would work equally as well with our other DSPs).  Make sure to check out all the other fun cards the design team is sharing inspired from past projects I've shared.







Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog