Monday, August 20, 2018

SSI Fancy Fold Challenge (Gate Fold): Bokeh Dots

 Good morning!  We’ve arrived safely and we’re having a wonderful time at Disney.  Today the SSINKspiration team has a fun fold challenge and we’re using the gate fold.  I like this fold as it’s really easy but dresses up your card.  I’m actually using this fold for our family Christmas card so I’ve been using it quite a bit recently.  I’m also showcasing the Bohek Dots stamp set so I’m using that set as well.

I started with Mint Macaron cardstock for the carbase then added two pieces of Share What You Love Designer Series Paper on the “front panels”.  Next I took a piece of Whiper White cardstock and used the Bokeh Dots stamp set and stamped in Grapefruit Grove (stamped off once) for the background on Whisper White cardstock and then used the Love What You Do  stamp set to stamped the flower image in Basic Black ink and the greeting in Blackberry Bliss.  I matted this with Basic Black cardstock and then attached the piece to the right panel so it overlaps the “front panels.”

To finish off the card I wrapped a piece of Berry Burst 3/8” Ruffled Ribbon around the card and tied a knot to keep the card closed.

I love how all the different colors work together from this DSP, I wouldn’t normally think to have all them together, but they work.  And the Bokeh Dots stamp plays off the dots in the DSP.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing using this challenge and then play along with us and share what you create!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog