Monday, July 3, 2017

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge SSINKCC47: Sweet Cupcake

Good morning and happy pre-holiday!  We enjoyed having a little early start to all the holiday festivities including the big fireworks display out at Great Meadows, always one of our favorites!  This weekend I also got to wish a special friend Happy Birthday and I made this card for her using the SSINKspiration blog color challenge.  My friend is gluten free so this was her gluten free birthday cupcake treat!

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Island Indigo cardstock as a matt for the Lemon Lime Twist cardfront.  On the cardfront I used some of the new Embossing Paste and the Pattern Party Decorative Mask so create this fun and easy background, and the Palette Knives you use to spread the paste are so fun, kind of like frosting a cake.  The greeting is from the Sweet Cupcake set and was stamped in Island Indigo ink and then I added a few rhinestones for a little bling.

For the main stamped image I stamped the cupcake using lots of layers of the color challenge colors and then cut the pieces out with the Big Shot and coordinating Cupcake Cutouts Framelits.  Everyone needs a little sparkle on their cupcake so I went over the blue frosting swirls with my Clear Wink of Stella Pen.  As a background for the cupcake I cut a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock out with the Lots of Labels Framelits and then embossed it with the Garden Trellis Embossing FolderDimensionals were used to pop the frosting up off the cupcake for a little extra height.

I love how fresh and fun this card turned out, perfect for happy birthday greetings.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team made using this color combination and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What a great card layout, Diana! I just have to get the embossing paste now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Diana! I just ordered the embossing paste and can't wait to use. it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Diana! I am in love with the embossing paste!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog