Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Fab Friday Color Challenge: Jar of Love

Good morning!  How is the first week of school for your family?  Aidan is really enjoying starting middle school, I think the highlight has been getting assigned his first locker!!  While we were away on vacation last week one of my coworkers "fish sit" for Aidan's two Beta Fish (Captain America and Ironman) and they were a hit in the office getting lots of visitors to keep them company.  After picking them up we decided to do something special so we baked cookies and Aidan wrote a thank you card, which of course I had to make.  I decided to use the Fab Friday color sketch using two of the new 2016-2018 In Colors for this fun card.  I was so excited when I saw the fish image in the Jar of Love stamp set since was perfect for this occasion and the jars kind of remind me of the tanks the beta fish live it (their tanks are bigger though).

I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Whisper White cardstock for the cardfront.  On this layer I used some Pool Party ink and the Playful Backgrounds stamp set to stamp the circle images which remind me of bubbles.  I also stamped the greeting from the Jar of Love stamp set using Dapper Denim.  I also added a strip of Peekaboo Peach striped paper from the 2016-2018 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack and matted it with Dapper Denim cardstock.

For the stamped image I started by stamping the medium jar image using Basic Black ink and cut it out with the coordinating framelits (this stamp set and framelits are available as a bundle for a discount).  Next I used a sponge and some Pool Party ink to lightly colorwash the background and then stamped the sample "bubble image" using Dapper Denim ink which was stamped off once to slightly lighten the color.  To make the lid for the jar I stamped it with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Silver Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool.  For the fish, I used Stampin' Write Markers to color directly on the stamp and tried to blend the color a little to mimic the look of the fish.  I used a framelit to cut out the fish and then attached the fish and jar lid to the jar using dimensionals.  Before attaching the jar to the cardfront I took some silver thread and looped it behind the jar so it just peaks out for a little texture.

This card is so cute and I think is perfect for this occasion and to be given by Aidan, it's fun.  I love all the different options with the Jar of Love bundle, so many uses!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I am SO gonna have to have the Playful Backgrounds set - you've paired it perfectly with my beloved Jar! Lol, I can't stop with the fish myself, and you've given me new inspiration - AGAIN, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-dorable! That background stamp is perfect for the fish! Love the colors too! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO freakin' adorable!! LOVE it, my friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog