Friday, August 5, 2016

Fab Friday Color Challenge: Scenic Sayings

Happy Friday!  Today’s the start of our little mini getaway in Williamsburg and we’re all looking forward to a little downtime.  Of course I couldn’t leave you hanging for project so I’ve got some fun scheduled to keep you entertained.  Today I’m sharing a card I made for a friend using last weeks Fab Friday color challenge but with getting ready to leave I missed link up deadline but I thought you would still enjoy it.  When I saw these colors I immediately thought of Christmas, but then decided to work to come up with something that wasn’t holiday.

I started with Garden Green cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Woodland Embossing Folder and then sponged lightly with some Soft Suede ink to really help the trees pop.  Next I added a square of Garden Green DSP from the Regals Designer Series Paper Stack. 

The greeting is from the Scenic Sayings stamp set (and it was stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink on Very Vanilla cardstock before cutting out with Paper Snips and attaching with dimensionals.  The final touch was a double bow made from Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine that was attached with a Glue Dot.

Sometimes you need to send a card, just because, to let someone know you’re thinking of them and this does the job perfectly plus it has a bit of fall to it which will be here before we know it!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:



Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog