Monday, August 8, 2016

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Card Sketch SSINKCS36: Suite Saying Basketball Wishes

Happy Monday!  After a wonderful on the go and relaxing visit to Williamsburg we're heading back home today and back to school and camp.  I have a little fun project to share with you today, it's time for this months sketch challenge over on the SSINKspiration blog.  I enjoyed using this sketch for a thank you card I needed for a thank your for Aidan's summer basketball coach for the end of season party.

I started with Pumpkin Pie cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock as a mat for the Whisper White card front.  To the card front I added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Sparkle Embossing Folder. On top of that I added a strip of stripped DSP from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack.  Next I took a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and stamped it with the Hardwood stamp set, I stamped it off using Sahara Sand ink to mimic the hardwood of the basketball court.

For the greeting, I used the Suite Sayings stamp set and just inked the thanks before stamping on Whisper White cardstock.  For the net effect behind the greeting I used the Timeless Textures stamp set and used Basic Gray, stamping off first.  This layer was matted with Pumpkin Pie cardstock before attaching it, over a flag of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon.

The final touch was to add a basketball and since I don't have a current basketball stamp I had to get a little creative and cut out a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock using the Big Shot and Layering Circles Framelits then hand drew the lines using a Sharpie and then embossed it with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder before attaching to the card front with dimensionals.

This card was a lot of fun and I'm hoping coach appreciated it.  The other design team members have some great cards using this sketch so go check them out for further inspiration and then play along with this month's challenge for lots of fun.

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog