Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Last Minute Easter Card: Eggstra Spectacular

Good morning!  I know we only have a few days until Easter arrives (are you enjoying your spring break?) so I thought I would share some of the Easter cards I made for my family to give you some last minute ideas and spread some holiday cheer.  The cards I'm sharing today use the Eggstra Spectacular stamp set which is beyond cute.  This first card I made for Aidan and is perfect for little boys (not a piece of pink anywhere to be seen).  The cardbase is Gumball Green and I added a layer of Smoky Slate cardstock what I stamped the little egg border along the bottom in Island Indigo ink. I added a piece of Watercolor Wonder Designer Series paper that I cut with the fringe scissors to replicate grass (I need a little bling so I added a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper along the bottom).  I added a piece of Daffodil Delight 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon for some extra fun.
 
The eggs are stamped with the Eggstra Spectacular set and are stamped color on color with Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, and Island Indigo before being punched out with the Extra-Large Oval Punch. The final touch was to stamp the little bunny image on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock, colored him in with a Blender Pen and Crumb Cake Classic ink and then cut him out with Paper Snips (isn't that little tush cute???)
 
My second card uses the same stamp set and several of the Sale-a-bration items I earned last month. The cardbase is Sahara Sand and I added a piece of Pistachio Pudding cardstock that was embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (I'm so excited that this embossing folder will be in next year's catalog and we got to earn it FREE first) and Big Shot.  The designer series paper was also from SAB and was the Sweet Sorbet DSP with matching Baker's Twine.
 
I cut the decorative piece out with the Big Shot and the Deco Labels Framelits and then embossed the piece (make sure to cut it out first) with the Oval Designer Frames Textured Embossing Folder.  I stamped the rabbit and greeting image in basic black, colored in the bunny and then punched out the piece with the Extra-Large Oval Punch and popped this piece up with dimensionals for extra fun.  The final touch was to stamp some of the little eggs and I colored them in before cutting them out with my Paper Snips and gluing them onto he card.
 
These cards are so cute and I'm sure everyone who receives them will love them.  It's also great to see what different looks you can get with the same stamp set.  Enjoy and come back, I'll be sharing more Easter cards later in the week using a different stamp set.

I've included links below to the products I used on the above products so it's really easy for you to order them from the comfort of your home. 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog