Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter, Blessed Easter!

Good evening!  I know I'm a little late but I spent the holiday weekend out of town with family and while I had the best of intentions to get on the computer to share the last of my Easter cards, we were having such a great time that I have to admit I didn't get on the computer all weekend, I know you'll agree how important family time is and forgive me. Tonight I'm sharing two different cards I made using the Blessed Easter Single stamp.  I love this tulip image and it works equally well with the Easter greeting on the stamp or for other spring time sentiments, such as birthday, thanks, etc.  I started with Smoky Slate for the cardbase and added a piece of Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper that was matted with Whisper White cardstock.  The main stamped greeting was stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White Paper and then colored in with a Blender Pen and Pool Party, Island Indigo, and Gumball Green Classic Ink. 
 
I matted with this with Gumball Green cardstock and added a Paper Doily along the right side.  The final touch was a few little Pearls in the top right corner.

For my second card I used a lot of the same items but created a very different look.  This time I used Crumb Cake for the cardbase and used a different pattern from the Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper paper package to draw the colors from.  This time for the stamped image I used versamark ink and Gold Embossing Powder, along with the Heat Tool, for a raised glossy design.  I again used the blender pen and Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Gumball Green Classic Ink to color in the tulip (just doing forget to take a paper town and wipe off the image after you color it in to remove the excess ink from the embossed parts since it won't dry and will rub onto your cardstock, trust me I know from experience). 
 
This time I used my Big Shot and the Oval Collections Framelits to cut the image out.  I also used the Big Shot and Fancy Fan Embossing Folder to embossed the Gumball Green cardstock.  The final element was to use the Paper Piercer Tool and Occasions Paper Piercing Pack to pierce around the edge of the oval.
 
I really like how different both these cards turned out, very beautiful and different, both cards also very "mailable" which is great.  Also, I wanted to remind you that the retirement list is being released tomorrow morning you you'll want to make sure to check it out.  Remember EVERYTHING on the list, including stamps for the first time, are only available while supplies last. Some of the products that we already know will be retiring are all the 2012-2014 In Colors (including Gumball Green that I used on these cards). These items will sell out quickly so don't wait (one of the reinkers is already sold out).  To help make it even easier to order, starting tomorrow through April 25 Stampin' Up is offering FREE Shipping on all order, no matter the size, so it's like saving 10% instantly, awesome!!!

Below are links to the products I used on these cards so you can easily order everything you need to make these and lots of other cards and projects in your home.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog