Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Happy Anniversary: Memorable Moments

Good morning!  It's a raining dark day here in VA but we're working our way through the week so it's all good.  Today I wanted to share an anniversary card I made awhile back and completely forgot to share.  I like to have a stock on hand of all different types of cards so I'm ready to go for those last minute occasions, plus I do sell my cards (I make so many there's no way I can use them all so what's better than someone else being able to enjoy a special greeting in the mail), so if you're ever in the need for a card you can come "shop" my collection anytime.  This card uses Smoky Slate for the Cardbase and I added a piece of Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper that is matted with Whisper White cardstock that I punched along the edge with the Scallop Border Punch.  I used my Big Shot and the Circle Collections Framelits to cut out the circle in Crushed Curry and then embossed it with the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder.
 
The greeting is from the Memorable Moments stamp set (so happy this set isn't retiring since I can use it for anniversaries, birthdays, etc. and I love the number stamps that are included in the set!)  After stamping the border image in Smoky Slate I stamped the greeting in Crushed Curry and then cut it out with the Big Shot and the Labels Collection Framelits before sponging around the edge with Crushed Curry ink.  The final touch was to add some Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon as tails and attached the greeting piece to the card with dimensionals.
 
This is a great soft and elegant card, perfect for the occasion!  I'm also happy that the only item I used today that's retiring is the DSP (so make sure to get this before it sells out) so I can use all these tools and embellishments for a while.  Links to all the products I used on this card are below for easy shopping.
 
Just a reminder, the clearance rack was updated yesterday and you can save up to 80% on some great retired items, including several items from the past holiday catalogs (it's never too early to get a start on holiday projects).  I stocked up on the goodie gear kits for class/birthday party gifts for next year, love a deal.
 
Have a great day and be safe with the weather!
 
Diana
 

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Diana, I too make many cards, by years end I have a stash to choke a stamper! I buy one of those fancy storage boxes, and fill it with most of those cards and give them to my Mother. Now she has a stash for her use! Frees me up to make more!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog