Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day Birthday Greetings

Good afternoon and Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I have a bonus project to share with you and I had to share it today since it's St. Patrick Day themed.  I have a friend who's mom's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day and she was celebrating a special birthday this weekend and I made a card for the special occasion.  The cardbase is Gumball Green and I added a layer of Whisper White cardstock and used the Big Shot and the Delicate Designers Textured Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of Gold Embossed Vellum and added it to the top of the card.  (I know there have been some questions on the best way to adhere this vellum to cardstock so the adhesive doesn't show through and what I found works best is the Mono-Multipurpose Liquid glue, it drys clear and you can add it exactly where you want.  I have some around the edges as well as under each of the gold polka dots).  A piece of Gumball Green 5/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon is the perfect element along the seam of the vellum and the embossing.
 
To make the shamrock I used the Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die and the Big Shot to cut four hearts out for the petals.  For the stem I used the Secret Garden Framelits and the Big Shot to cut out the leaf element, trimmed it down so I just had the straight stem.  The center of the shamrock has a Basic Black circle punched out with the 3/4" Circle Punch and Gold Basic Glitter Brad.  The greeting is from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set and I used the Heat Tool and the Gold Embossing Powder to emboss on Basic Black cardstock.  I used the Tag Corner Punch (retired) to trim down the greeting and dimensionals were used to attach the greeting to the cardfront.
 
The great thing about this card is you can use it for a St. Patrick's Day card, birthday or any occasion, and you could change up the colors to make it a flower that could be used all year long.
 
Enjoy!
 
Diana
 
 
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog