Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Fab Friday Color Challenge: Giggle Greetings Birthday Wishes

Good morning and Happy Wednesday!  This week is just flying by, does it feel that way to you? So today is my mom's birthday and I really wanted to make a special card for her to I decided to use this weeks Fab Friday Color Challenge for inspiration.   My mom also has a funny sense of humor and likes to give funny birthday cards so I knew this cat image from the Giggle Greetings stamp set would be perfect.  The cardbase for this card is Strawberry Slush and I added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Arrows Textured Embossing Folder.  I used the Starburst Framelits and the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper to cut out two different sizes and prints of DSP with the framelits.  I also used some Silver Glimmer Paper and the smallest Starburst framelit for a little bling.
 
For the greeting I stamped the cat image from the Giggle Greetings stamp set with Basic Black ink and Whisper White cardstock and then used my Blender Pen and different Classic Inks to color in the cat and ball of string.  This layer was matted with Basic Gray cardstock and then I added a strip of Strawberry Slush Stretched Ruffle Ribbon.
 
I have to say, I absolutely love how fun and cheery this card turned out and I really think mom will like it.  These colors are great so play with them and see what you can come up with, it's fun!
 
Enjoy your day!
 
Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your mom! I'm sure she will love this cheerful card! The layered starbursts look great I love how you have a little bit of glam with the silver glimmer paper! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog