Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Creative Inspiration: Happy Watercolor

Good morning!  I'm excited to share an extra special bonus card with you today for some added spring inspiration.  There are some beautiful product suites in this years Occasions catalog and the Watercolor Wonder is so bright and cheery, I love it.  This card is actually really simple but is so pretty due to the extra little touches.  I started with Smoky Slate cardstock for the cardbase and added a layer of Whisper White cardstock.  Along the left side I added a piece of Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper and some Crisp Cantaloupe Stretched Ruffled Ribbon
 
On the right side I used the Happy Watercolor stamp set and stamped with the watercolor image along a line with Daffodil Delight, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Garden Green classic ink. The flower image is from the same stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black.  For the greeting I stamped on Smoky Slate cardstock with Garden Green ink and punched it out with the Oval Punch.  This layer is matted on a piece of Island Indigo cardstock that was punched with the Scallop Oval Punch and attached with dimensionals.  The final touches was to add some pearls along the bottom of the greeting and a small butterfly that was embossed and cut with the Big Shot and the Beautiful Wings Embosslit die (I folded up the edges of the wings and used a glue dot to attach the butterfly so it has more dimension).
 
This card is so soft and pretty, I love all the little elements and it's perfect for the springtime weather we are having these next few days.  I really like this product suite and I'll be creating several other projects with these items this month for some added inspiration and to help convince you that these items are "must haves."
 
Enjoy,
 
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog