Monday, November 4, 2013

30 Day Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 4

Good morning friends! What a wonderful weekend, definitely lots to be thankful for. We had a great time running the Run or Dye 5K down in DC and had fun getting colorfied as a family and then enjoyed spending the rest of the time as a family, when went to a movie and dinner and just relaxed. Then yesterday after getting my run in and taking care of things around the house I was able to spend several hours in the studio which really made me happy. For today's gratitude card I decided to combine with a fun challenge over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog. The idea is to use 3 different designer series papers, two punches, and one stamp set on a card.

Now I know that sounds like a lot going on but since our DSP packages have so many fun prints that all coordinate it makes it a breeze. For this card I started with an Island Indigo cardbase and added a piece of DSP from the Soho Subway Designer Series Paper package. Next I added another strip of DSP that was matted with Summer Startfruit that was edged with the Big Shot and the Finishing Touches Edgelits. I wrapped this layer with Linen Thread for a rustic effect.

Next I used the chevron thinlet piece from the Circle Card Thinlit set to cut out three chevron images out of the last piece of DSP for the bottom right corner. The greeting is from the Lots of Thanks stamp set and was punched out with the Large Oval Punch. I sponged this layer with Crumb Cake and Summer Starfruit ink before matting it with a piece of Early Espresso cardstock that was punched with the Decorative Label Punch. The greeting was attached to the card with dimensionals for lots of pop. Of course you can always use some bling so I added a strip of pearls along the bottom of the greeting for fun.

This challenge was a lot of fun and a great way to showcase all our great papers and patterns. You should definitely play along and share what you come up with so fun.

Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog