Monday, March 9, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Card Sketch Challenge #SSINKCS19: Grundgy Birthday Greetings

Good morning and Happy Monday!  After last weeks snow storm it was so refreshing to see the sun come out and warm up so we could actually enjoy some time outside.  I definitely was channeling this great weather for this months  Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog sketch challenge.  Aidan had a friends birthday party so I needed something quick, easy, and perfect for a "little dude" and this sketch was perfect.

I started with Crushed Curry and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that was matted with Garden Green cardstock.  On the Whisper White layer I stamped one of the splotches from Gorgeous Grunge in Crushed Curry ink.  I also stamped the birthday greeting in Night of Navy using the Sassy Salutations stamp set.

Next I added lots of fun layer elements, a piece of Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper is along the right hand side.  I stamped a little "washi" piece using the Tape It stamp set and Garden Green ink.

For the final touch I took a piece of Basic Gray cardstock and used the Big Shot and the star border framelit from the Mini Treat Bag Framelit set (this set is AWESOME) and I layered a piece of Gold Foil behind the star strip so there's just the right amount of bling.

This layout is so fun and really lends itself to adding lots of little touches without overwhelming the card.  Plus, I was able to add elements that were fun but still kept a masculine feel to the card.  There are some fabulous cards the other design team members are sharing for inspiration so make sure to check them out and then we would love for you to come play along with us.





Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy your day!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Love this and how you added some grunge stamping. Could be a great masculine card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog