Wednesday, March 18, 2015

My Digital Studio Being Discontinued - Available through May 31st

Yesterday it was announced that My Digital Studio is being discontinued as of May 31, 2015. This includes the software, digital downloads, and print services.  This means that you have until May 31 to purchase any last downloads you've had on your wish list and finish any projects that you've wanted to have printed (I have my 2013 and 2014 scrapbooks all in MDS at this point but they are not complete so you know what I'll be working on for the next couple of months!)
 
If you have an online account through a demonstrator, you will have through May 31st to access your digital downloads.  I would strongly suggest making a backup of your downloads since you won't be able to reinstall them from your account after that date.  I have been baking mine up by copying the Component and Designer Templates Uninstallers folders from inside the My Digital Studio folder in the Program Files (x86) on my hard drive to an external location. This way, if something happens, I reinstall the software and just copy those back in (it's much easier than reinstalling it all).  At this point, I will also being working to make a back up the entire MDS folder instead, so that I have all the updates to the program software itself.  I would strongly suggest that you do the same.
 
Personally, I will keep the software and keep using it, as you know I really enjoy working on my scrapbooks digitally at this point.  I also use the program for updating my blog, as well as creating crafting elements for all sorts of projects. 
 
I have to admit I'm very sad about this decision as I've really come to love this software and all the functions and possibilities it offers.  The great thing is that I can continue to use the software and can even still get things printed (will just have to find an alternate source).  I do understand that is a business decision on Stampin' Up!'s part that reflects the fact that this program did not have the sales necessary to support it. Stampin' Up! is a business that needs to remain solvent and to make money, I support their decision, even though I am sad about it.  Stampin' Up! has partnered up with Becky Higgins and Project Life and this is a fun and easy alternative for memory keeping so I'll continue to scrapbook using all the different mediums available to me to suit my needs.
 
If you need any assistance or have any questions about this news, please don't hesitate to contact me and we can work through this. 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog