Monday, March 30, 2015

It’s my Birthday: Let Your Hair Down

Good morning!  It’s the best day of the year, yes it’s my birthday today and I’m celebrating a milestone birthday year so I’m looking forward to an extra special day (no pressure for the hubby, haha!!!!)  We’re currently on vacation and enjoying some well-deserved time off.  I also have a fellow Stampin’ Sister, Maria Pane, who’s my birthday buddy so I decided to make a fun birthday card that has lots of bling for a super fun card (come on, it’s my birthday, time to bling it out!!!)

I started with Bermuda Bay cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Irresistibly Yours Speciality Designer Series Paper (you only have ONE more day to get this DSP for FREE and trust me, you NEED this!!!) and colored it with Melon Mambo ink and a sponge.  I decided to make this card look like a package so I wrapped a piece of 1 ¼” Bermuda Bay Striped Ribbon around the top left corner of the card.  Now it’s time for the bling, I took a piece of Gold Sequin Trim and a piece of Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim, folded them in half and then tied them to the striped ribbon using a piece of Wild Wasabi Cotton Twine from the Painted Blooms Cotton Twine pack.  It’s super thick but looks so luxurious is person, I just want to touch it.

For the greeting I used the Let Your Hair Down Hostess stamp set and used Stampin’ Write Markers to color directly on the stamp before stamping on Whisper White cardstock.  I used the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch to punch all four corners before attaching it to the cardfront.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 

Have a great day and hope you’re enjoying your Spring Break (if you’re on it!),

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog