Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Easter Class and Teacher Gifts: For Peeps Sake

Good morning!  Only a few days left before we start spring break and we’re all getting excited.  I’m a person that loves to celebrate most holidays Aidan always takes treats into his teachers and class for most holidays but with Easter being early this year and school being out for Spring Break the week before my deadline to get these finished in time to give was rapidly approaching I knew I needed to whip up some cute gifts that didn’t take a lot of time so they would be ready before the break.  I earned a couple of packages Best Day Ever Designer Series Paper for FREE during Sale-a-Bration so I had plenty for these cute gifts. 

For Aidan’s teachers gifts we decided to give little bags of treats and since I had a few baggies from the January Paper Pumpkin Kit (one of my all time favorites!!) I decided to use the bags and gold clips from the kit and then use the idea of the elements and recreate them using Easter colors and themes.  The fold over tag uses the Best Day Ever Designer Series Paper I scored it with the Simply Scored Board and then used my retired Ticket Punch to punch the corners on the front side.  For the greeting I used the For Peeps Sake stamp set and after stamping the greeting and easter egss I punched it out with the Extra Large Oval Punch and then added some Ribbon tails from the Best Day Ever Designer Accessory Package.  These really were so easy; I was able to make 8 of them in probably ½ hour and are super cute.
Close-up of the Bag Tag

For Aidan’s classmates I decided to use bags of Fun Sized M&M’s that I already had in my candy stash (saves money, reduces sweet treat temptations, and covers allergy issues in the class, triple score!)  I found these really cute matchbook treats on Becky Roberts blog, see here’s HERE so I used this idea (I did have to adjust the width of mine my increase it ¼” to make sure it fully covered the M&M packages).  By using the Best Day Ever Designer Series Paper I didn’t have to worry about stamping or decorating the matchboxes, and used up some of my paper stash and the Simply Scored Board made scoring all the pieces fast.  I did use the Mini Stapler (this tool is AWESOME!!! I could see using it in the office as easily as crafting) to attach the M&M baggies to the package so they didn’t fall out.   I used the same stamp set for the tag on these and used Stampin’ Write Markers to ink the stamp before stamping on Sahara Sand cardstock.  I used the Ornate Tag Topper Punch to punch the tops of each tag and added some ribbon from the Best Day Ever Designer Accessory Package to dress it up.  I did attach the tag with dimensionals to the matchbook.  Once again, I was able to make 27 of these little treats from start to finish in less than two hours (the longest time being coloring in the tag. 
 
Matchbook Treat Open
 
I know my days are numbers of Aidan wanting to give treats to his class and teachers so I’m enjoying it while it lasts.  If you didn’t have classmates to give treats to this could easily work for neighbors, grandkids, coworkers (yes even adults like treats), etc. and would certainly brighten someone’s day.
 Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s projects:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 

You still have time to whip little gifts for Easter that will certainly impress! 

Happy crafting,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog