Friday, March 20, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: For Peep's Sake

  Good morning!  I can’t believe it’s supposed to be a snowy morning today, we were teased with spring type weather at the beginning of the week, but I have faith that Mother Nature won’t let us down and it’ll improve from here, time to get all the winter closed washed and put away for the season.  To help remind us that spring, and especially Easter, really is right around the corner I have a super fun card to.  I decided to combine this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge with the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog focus on Easter cards, double the fun!  I know I’ve been using the Best Day Ever Sale-a-bration paper for a lot of Easter projects (and will be sharing more next week) so I decided to change things up and use the Lullaby Designer Series Paper as the color inspiration for this card (yes it’s for more than babies!). 

I started with Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock and then added a piece of the Lullaby Designer Series Paper for a fun backdrop.  Next I cut for squares of Baked Brown Sugar and Pistachio Pudding cardstock for the corners.  I embossed the Pistachio Pudding squares with the Big Shot and Fancy Fans Embossing Folder before attaching to the cardfront.

For the main stamped image I used the For Peeps Sake Stamp set and used my Stampin’ Write Markers to color in the image before stamping.  I also used markers to stamp the feet for by little chick on the bottom right corner of the cardstock before matting it with Coastal Cabana Cardstock.  For the chick, I stamped him on a scrap piece of paper using Hello Honey ink and then cut him out with Paper Snips before attaching him with dimensionals so he pops off the card.  The final touch was to add a bow I made using the Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker’s Twine to really tie all the colors in. 

This card is so bright and cheery, when these In Colors were first released they definitely made me think of spring and Easter so they’re perfect.  I’m going to be so sad when these retire in a few months, thankfully I’ve stocked up on cardstock and ink refills during Sale-a-bration so I can continue to use them as needed in the future.  Make sure you don’t miss out on your favor In Colors before they retire, they will sell out quickly once the retirement list is released and you don’t want to pay Ebay pricing for things you can get now (and earn SAB goodies at the same time!).  Make sure to check out the other design team creations for further inspiration and then play along, this will be the perfect weekend to start working on your Easter projects, if you haven’t already.


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Have a great weekend an enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog