Sunday, March 8, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Color Challenge CYCI #60

Happy Sunday!  After this weeks snow storm (hopefully the last of the season) we've been enjoying some warmer weather that's giving hints that spring is really around the corner.  This week on the  Can You Case It?  challenge blog we have a color challenge and as soon as I saw these colors I knew they would be perfect to make a card with a spring time feel.  I have to admit I had a couple of circles cut out of Whisper White cardstock sitting on my desk from another project that didn't work out so I decided to start with one and use it as the basis of today's card.




I started with So Saffron for the cardbase and then added a piece of Soft Sky cardstock.  For the Soft Sky piece first I stamped the grass in Wild Wasabi Ink (and layed the Whisper White cardstock on top of the cardfront so that there is some grass on both pieces) and then embossed it with the Big Shot and the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder.  For the stamped image I used the Sheltering Tree stamp set and since it's a 2-Step stamping set it and photopolymer it makes it really easy to build the scene you want.  Next I took a piece of So Saffron DSP from the Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack and cut out a circle using the Big Shot and Starburst Collection Framelits.

I stamped the greeting in Wild Wasabi ink and then sponged around the edge with So Saffron ink.  The final touch was to tie a double bow using the new Painted Blooms Cotton Twine (this twine is so nice and soft, both in color and texture, I love it!!)

This card is so fun and pretty and you can really use for any type of occasion, or just because.  We really don't send enough hand written letters and messages these days but it really means a lot when you do and who wouldn't want to see this pretty in their mailbox?  The other design team members are sharing some beautiful cards so make sure to check them out and then play along in the fun.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card: 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, great job with the color challenge. I love the tree stamped with the circles

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog