Sunday, March 1, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #59

Good morning! It's going to be another great Sunday and we're supposed to get another set of winter weather, really I think we've had enough. I decided to use this weeks Can You Case It? sketch challenge to help me get in the spring time mood.  The A Happy Thing stamp set has this cut little bird and is perfect for coloring using the Blendabilities markers.  I started with Bermuda Bay cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Old Olive cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Fancy Frames Embossing Folder (I decided to change things up and leave the bottom of the cardstock unembossed so I could add the greeting).  The greeting is from the And Many More stamp set and was stamped in Night of Navy ink.






For the main stamped image I stamped the bird from the A Happy Thing stamp set in Black Memento Ink and then colored it in with Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight,and Old Olive Blendabilities Markers.  I used Night of Navy for the mat behind the stamped image.  I used some Sticky Strip to attach a piece of Hello Honey Stitched Satin Ribbon along the bottom of the stamped image and then added a couple of staples using the Handheld Stapler.

Isn't this bird cute?  I can't wait to start seeing the birds heading back as spring comes around so we can say goodbye to snow and cold for this season.  I also have lots of friends with upcoming birthdays so it's always good to stock up my card stash so I'm ready when  we need it.





Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Diana, I love the colors on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours Diana, I really love the ribbon treatment too. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Great job with your coloring too on the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I have this bird and need to set him free from the set and use it! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana, your card is Fabulous! I love the bird and the ribbon treatment! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog