Thursday, March 19, 2015

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge and Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Stamp Set Focus: Dictionary

Good morning!  Com on weather man, say it isn’t so.  I’m ready for spring and got a beautiful glimpse of it and now it’s been taken away and there’s even mention of the “snow” word, I’m really hoping your wrong buddy.  To help warm things up I have a bright and cheery card today that’s a double dip.  I used the Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge along with the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog where we’re focusing on the background stamp set:  Dictionary.  I also decided to combine this with a brand new Sale-a-Bration stamp set that was released this month, For Being You which is so fun! 
 
I started with Blushing Bride cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  On this layer I stamped the background using the Dictionary stamp set and Blushing Bride ink and then sponged around the edges with the same ink. 

Next I stamped the “Thanks” from the For Being You stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then colored it in with Stampin’ Write Markers with Blushing Bride, Wilde Wasabi, and Blackberry Bliss for a rainbow effect.  I also wrapped some Wild Wasabi Cotton Twine from the Painted Blooms Cotton Twine pack (this stuff is so soft and pretty!).  I stamped the rest of the greeting in Wild Wasabi Ink, punched it out with the Word Window Punch and then sponged around the edges with Blackberry Bliss ink before attaching it with dimensionals. 
This card is so fun and I love our background stamps since I can create exactly what I want in the colors I want, quick and easy.  Make sure to check out the other design team creations for further inspiration.
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Hope this helps brighten your day!
 
Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card. I love the rainbow of color and the softness of the twine. Many thanks for joining our color challenge at HSS. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane this is a great card! I love your coloring on the comment. Thanks for playing with us this week at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog