Friday, March 6, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Chalk Board: Birthday Bash

I'm back!  I told you I would have a second fun card to share with you.  Today on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog we're showcasing the calkboard products or chalkboard effect.  I absolutely love this look so I was really excited when the new Chalkboard Paper and coordinating Chalkboard Inks were released in this years Occasions Catalog.  It makes it very easy to great this fun effect (which a softer look than if you were to use the White Heat Embossing I've shown in the past).  Since I have several birthdays in the near future I thought this technique would be great for a birthday card using the Balloon Bash stamp set.

I started with Bermuda Bay cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock.  On this piece I randomly stamped the graffiti stamp from the Balloon Bash stamp set in Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, and Bermuda Bay ink.  Next I stamped the greeting on the Chalkboard paper using the Aquamarine Chalkboard Ink.  I also wanted to give it more of a chalkboard effect so I used a Sponge Dauber and some Whisper White Craft Ink to add some ink around the edges of the chalkboard paper.  This piece was matted with some Calypso Coral cardstock.  The final touch was to add a Crushed Curry button (from the SAB Best Day Ever Accessory Pack) and used Calypso Coral Baker's Twine to tie a bow in the button.

This card is quick and easy and still loads of fun, perfect for birthday greetings!  There are some other great ideas using these products and technique so make sure to check them out for further inspiration.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Have a great weekend,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog