Sunday, March 22, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #62

 Happy Sunday!  How has your weekend been?  We had an exciting day yesterday but looking forward to a relaxing day today, heading out for my run now, and then get started packing for our Spring Break trip (I can’t remember the last time I took a trip for Spring Break (probably not since middle school and this is also my birthday week so I’m extra excited!)  Since it’s Sunday, today I’m sharing my card for this weeks Can You Case It? Sketch challenge and this week we had complete freedom to using any layout, products etc. for our project so I decided to share the card I made for Aidan’s birthday (of course I had to wait until after he received the card so I didn’t ruin the surprise) but I always spend some extra time on his cards so I knew you’d enjoy it!

I started with Pistachio Pudding cardstock for the cardbase (remember this is one of the 2013-2015 In Colors that will be retiring in a few months so make sure to stock up before it sells out).  Next I added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that was matted with Basic Gray cardstock.  I used a piece of Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper along the bottom and is a perfect mat for Aidan’s name (he loves personalized things with his name!)  I cut the letters for Aidan’s name using the Gold Foil Paper, Big Shot, and Little Letters Thinlits die (super easy).

For the main stamped image I stamped the balloon from the Celebrate Today stamp set in Pistachio Pudding ink and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Balloon Framelits (I used the same framelit to cut the second balloon out of the Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper).  I added the “10th” inside the birthday using the Metallic Gold Ink Pad and the Memorable Moments stamp set.  The “birthday” greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Basic Gray ink.  The final touch was to add some string for the balloons and I used Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine and used two pieces to tie a double bow so there are strings for both balloons and it was tied around the bottom of the top balloon.  I popped the top balloon up with dimensionals.

This card is so fun and has lots of bling that Aidan really liked!  it can’t help but brighten your little one’s day.  Make sure to check out the other design team creations for further inspiration and then come play along, we love to see what others create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have an enjoyable Sunday!

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. What a great B'Day card. Love the personalizaion!...B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the balloons. Love the color combo too! Great team card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used this set to make a manly card! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog