Friday, March 13, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: A Happy Thing

Happy Friday peeps!  The return of warmer weather has made such a difference this week, I love it!  Looking forward to a fun weekend that’s going to be focused on Aidan’s Basketball playoffs and I have a fun class on Sunday so I can’t wait!  Before all the fun and craziness begins it’s time for our weekly Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch challenge.  I designed this weeks challenge and it’s always fun to see what is generated from an easy basic layout.  Since this is the last month of Sale-a-Bration I’ve been getting as much use and fun out of all the great products I earned for FREE while I can (well there’s nothing to say I won’t continue to use some of these products for my personal projects but I know Stampin’ Up' has even more fun in store for us this spring and I’ll have new things to play with). 

 

I started with Old Olive for the cardbase and then added a piece of Typeset Speciality Designer Series Paper (I know I’ve told you in the past how fun this paper is but it really is great!)  I did fold the bottom right corner at a right angle for a little fun and added a Daffodil Delight Candy Dot (from the Brights Candy Dots).  For the stamped image I stamped the lemon from the A Happy Thing stamp set in Memento Ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then colored it in with Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Blendabilities Markers (I created this card before the Blendabilities were discontinued and will continue to enjoy my markers but you can get a similar effect by using your blender pens and Classic Ink Pad.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Old Olive ink. 

Along the top of the Very Vanilla Piece I used my Spiral Punch to punch along the top before matting with Daffodil Delight cardstock.  The final touch was to add some Old Olive 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon (this is one of my favorite ribbons since it’s so soft and lays flat when knotted which is great for mailing).

I had a lot of fun with this card, in fact so much fun that we made this as one of the cards in last months card class.  This lemon image definitely makes me think warm, spring and summer thoughts which we all need after this winter.  The other design team members shared some great cards as well so please go check them out and then play along with the sketch, I would love to see what you come up with.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have an enjoyable Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog