Friday, March 27, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday: Sheer Perfection Designer Vellum

Whoo hoo!  It’s Friday and not just any Friday, but a Friday before vacation so there’s lots to be excited about in our house.  Just wrapping up school and work today before we can get started with all the fun.  I have to admit I haven’t actually taken time off for Spring Break I think since I was in Middle School so I really do feel like a school kid today (haha!)  Before all that gets started I have a really fun card for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge.  Since Sale-a-Bration is quickly wrapping up (only 5 more days) I decided to showcase one of the great new FREE items that was added at the beginning of the month, Sheer Perfection Designer Vellum Stack.  This is so fun, the vellum comes in a 6”x6” pad and includes 24 sheets (2 each of 12 designers). 

I started with Crumb Cake for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock (I do this with vellum so the image really pops).  I used my Stampin’ Write Markers and colored on the back of the vellum for a stained glass effect (I learned this when I first started stamping and it’s still great!)  For the bottom I took a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock and embossed it with the Big Shot and Fancy Fans Embossing Folder.  I wrapped a couple pieces of Thick Baker’s Twine using the 2014-2016 colors that was also released as a new SAB item (In Color Accessory Pack) to help the colors really pop and tied a bow with a different color of the twine.

The greeting is from the Any Many More stamp set and was stamped on Crumb Cake cardstock with Island Indigo ink (the only non-in color I used).  The greeting was cut out with the Big Shot and the Itty Bitty Banners Framelits and popped up dimensionals.

This card is so beautiful in person and I love how the patterns and texture really take center stage.  You really do need this vellum the patterns are so fun and the stack is big enough you can use it with the Treat Bag Thinlit so there are lots of possibilities.  You check out the other design team cards for further ideas and then play along.

 
 
 



Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 

Have a great weekend,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog