Friday, November 1, 2013

Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge: Label Love

Happy Friday peeps!  Looking for a great start to the weekend and some fun family time planned (we’re running in a local 5K as a family on Saturday, Run or Dye, with some of Chris’ coworkers so we’ll have a great time while also getting a little exercise.  Aidan really likes these events where he gets covered in color so it should be fun to see how he does, just hoping it isn’t too cold Saturday morning.  Other than that we have an uneventful weekend planned so I can get some things done around the house and lots of stamping and crafting time.  Today I’m sharing the card for this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge.  This sketch is really simple and lends itself to being used for lots of different projects.  I decided to step away from all the Halloween and fall projects I’ve been working and do something completely out of the box, so I made a baby card.  The cardbase is Pear Pizzaz and I added a piece of Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper that was matted on Melon Mambo cardstock.  For the three striped elements I decided to mix things up and used Island Indigo Baker’s Twine and Whisper White ¼”Stiched Grosgrain Ribbon.

The stamped image is from the Label Love stamp set.  It was stamped once in Pear Pizzaz (and punched out with the Artisan Label Punch) and again in Melon Mambo (punched out with the 7/8” Scallop Circle Punch).  I used dimensionals to attach both the scallop circle and the label piece to the card for extra dimension.

I hope you enjoyed todays card, it’s cute, fun and simple so you can let the design and message be the focus.  You still have time to play along with this challenge, I would love to see what you come up with, so take a little time to get crafty this weekend, you’ll love it!

Also, just a reminder, since today is the first of November I’m starting my annual gratitude challenge, where I make and share a card everyday for the month of November that can express gratitude or thanks.  These are going to be all sorts of themes and messages so at the end of the month I’ll have a large stash of card ready anytime I want to say thanks (because we all love receiving actual mail these days).  So check back each day and see what projects I’m sharing.

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Cute card Diana...perfect for a sweet, cute baby! Love your take on the sketch :) Thanks for playing along at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute!!! Perfect color combo for a baby card!!! Great use of dsp!! Thanks for playing
    along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog