Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog: New Year's Table Decor

Good morning peeps!  One of the things I love about crafting and all the wonderful products Stampin' Up! offers is that you can do so much more than make cards and scrapbook pages.  I love being able to make gift wrapping, and home decor as just a few other projects I'm able to create.  Today over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog I'm sharing this fun New Year's framed piece to celebrate this fun, once a year event.  This frame was super simple by using My Digital Studio.  I used the Midnight Cheer digital download and included in it is an 8 1/2" x 11" framed piece.  All I did was shrink the whole thing down so it would fit in a 5" x 7" frame (this way you can actually print 2 on each page for double the fun) and changed the date to 2014 before having it printed using Stampin' Up's professional print services.   

When my order arrived all I had to do was cut it down to size and added some fun rhinestones and a Neutrals Glimmer Grads as fun accents.  Around the frame mat I randomly stamped stars from the Simply Stars stamp set in Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake, and Summer Starfruit ink (note:  since my mat was shinny I had to carefully stamp so it didn't smear and then set it aside to dry but you could also use the heat gun as well to speed up the process.  The final touch was to add some ribbon accents down the top right side so I added some 1/8" Silver Ribbon, Basic Black Chevron Ribbon, and Midnight Muse 5/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon for fun.
 
I love to make different framed pieces for all the holidays as fun decor on my mantel, the next project is for Valentine's Day and has some of the same elements as this item.  I hope I've shown you another fun way to use My Digital Studio and how easy it is to create fun projects for any need (these would also make great gifts).
 
Happy Crafting!
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog