Monday, November 18, 2013

30 Day Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 18

Good afternoon!  I'm splitting up my post today since I had a fun scrapbook page layout to share this morning, hope you were able to check it out and got a new idea.  This afternoon I'm sharing a fun and simple Christmas thank you card.  I had a Christmas card class a couple of weeks ago and I always use this class to create a second set of cards for myself that are thank yous so I'm all set with all the cards I need after the holiday.  Basically I use the same layout and products and just change up the greeting.  The other great thing about these cards is that we use the note card sets as the base so they're a little smaller than the standard A2 cards and already come cut and scored (with matching envelopes, all in one).
 
To the cardbase I added a layer of Smoky Slate Textured cardstock and then a piece of Whisper White.  I added a strip of Winter Frost Speciality Designer Series Paper along the bottom.  The snowflakes are from the Festive Flurry stamp set and I stamped the bottom layer in Pool Party ink.  Next I stamped the smallest snowflake in versamark and then heat embossed it with a mixture of Silver Embossing Powder and Silver Glitter (love how sparkly this combination is).  After embossing the snowflake I cut it out with the Big Shot and the Festive Flurry Framelits.  A dimensional was used to attach the snowflake to the card so it pops.  The final touch was the greeting, which is from the Lots of Thanks stamp set and was stamped in Island Indigo ink.

I know things are really busy getting ready for the holidays but it's a snap to create matching thank yous while you're making your Christmas cards so you only make the mess once and you're ready to go.  There's plenty of time to make these so please let me know if you need any of the products used in this card, or others and we'll get it to you to begin crafting.

Enjoy,

Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog