Tuesday, November 26, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 26

Good morning!  Are you in full on Thanksgiving prep?  We always spend the holiday with friends but I still have a lot to do.  I used Thanksgiving as inspiration for today's gratitude card that I combined with this Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge.  The cardbase is Sahara Sand and I added a piece of Burch Paper Ribbon, from the Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit, that was matted with Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I used Sahara Sand ink and a sponge to sponge all over the burch ribbon to help distress it.  For the stamped image I stamped a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock and stamped the chevron woodgrain image from the Truly Grateful stamp set in Sahara Sand ink.  I also stamped the wheat bushel in Crushed Curry ink.   

Next I added two paper flags using the Sweater Weather Designer Series paper.  The greeting is from the same Truly Grateful stamp set and I stamped the circle wood image on Very Vanilla cardstock with Sahara Sand ink and the greeting is in Chocolate Chip.  I punched this piece out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and crumpled it up to distress it.  This piece was matted on a scallop circle that was punched with the Scallop Circle Punch that was also crumbled and distressed.  The final element was to attach a cute knot made out of the Natural Trim Ribbon.
 
I love how nice and soft this card turned out, and it's not overly "Thanksgivingish" and could also be used for a more masculine card.  I hope you enjoy and good luck with all your preparations and if you're traveling, safe travels. 
 
Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet Diana. Love that birch paper as the background for your card. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog