Friday, November 1, 2013

30 Day Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 1

I’m back and I’m excited to kick off my Second Annual November Gratitude card challenge.  What is this you ask?  I’ve challenged myself to make and share a different card each day during the month of November that expresses my gratitude or how I’m thankful for the special people and all they do in my life.  These cards are going to have all sorts of themes so there will be a large variety and just think at the end of the month I’ll have 30 cards ready to mail when the need arises (minus the one’s I use as the month progresses).

This first card has a nice fall theme and starts with a Crumb Cake card base and then I added a layer of Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper that was matted on Tangerine Tango cardstock.  Next I added a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock that was stamped with the wood chevron image from the Truly Grateful stamp set (I actually had this piece laying on my desk from another project that I messed up so I cut it down to use on this card) and wrapped a piece of Early Espresso ¼” Stitched Grosgrain ribbon.  The greeting element is from the Harvest of Thanks stamp set and was stamped on Crushed Curry cardstock with Early Espresso Ink.  I used the Big Shot and the Apothecary Accents framelits to cut it out, easy peasy before attaching it to the card with dimensionals.  Now I have to say, I sponged every single layer of this card with Crumb Cake ink since I thought these colors were too bright on their own and the sponging helps soften them.

I hope you enjoy and come back tomorrow to see what’s in store.  Remember, I would love for you to join me on this challenge, it’s a great creative outlet and will get you ready when you need to let someone know how much you appreciate them.  I would also love for you to share what you created on my Facebook Business page, at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/StampinFunWithDiana  so we all can enjoy and get inspiration from each other.
Take care,
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog