Thursday, November 28, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 28 Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you are all spending the day relaxing and enjoying friends and family.  We're spending the weekend with friends from college that we get together with every year, the kids enjoying playing together and we always go out shopping for Black Friday after the big feast.  I decided for today's gratitude card I would share the card I made for our family.  I really like to send cards to our family for most holidays (St. Patrick's Day is about the only I don't do) since our family is spread out and can't always get together.  This card starts with a cardbase of Cajun Craze and then adds a piece of Pool Party cardstock and then Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper.  The greeting is from the Truly Grateful stamp set and is stamped in Soft Suede.

For the leaves I cut one out of Soft Suede cardstock with the Autumn Accents Bigz die and the Big Shot and then embossed it with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.  I also stamped the leaf from the Magnificent Maple stamp in Cajun Craze and cut it out with Paper Snips.  The final touch was a cut little acorn that was cut out with the Autumn Accents Bigz die, twice, once in Chocolate Chip cardstock and then with the Champagne Shimmer paper for the top (I love this treatment to add a little sparkle).  I did run the Chocolate Chip piece through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing folder for some additional texture and used a dimensional to attach the acorn so it pops up.

The great thing about this card is not only is it simple and pretty but it's pretty flat and "mailable" which is perfect.  Well I'm off to watch some football and relax, enjoy and I'm so thankful for all my friends, family, and customers for all your love and support, it really means a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog