Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge #326: Wonderfully Wicked

Good morning!

One of the great things about Stampin' Up! offering our designer series paper in packs is that we get several different patterns, colors, and options that are guaranteed to coordinate and work together effortlessly.  For this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge I decided to take advantage of all the wonderful images in the Monster Bash Designer Series Paper pack and use three different patterns at the same time (very unusual for me!)

For this card I started with Soft Suede for the cardbase and added a piece of Terracotta Tile cardstock as a base for the card front which is pattern #1 of DSP.  Next I added pattern #2 which was a square DSP piece with lots of fun Halloween images, like the house, creatures, etc.  On top of that I added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that was cut with the Layering Ovals Dies and then stamped with the spiderweb stamp and the Silvery Shimmer Delicata Metallic Ink.

For Pattern #3 I used my Paper Snips to cut out this spooky Halloween couple that is clearly ready for a night of fun.  Now it was time to get to some stamping...which is where the Wonderfully Wicked stamp set comes in.  The greeting was stamped on Pumpkin Pie cardstock that was cut out with the Ornate Frames Dies and attached to the cardfront with Black Dimensionals before adding a crow from the Monster Bash Enamel Shapes set.

For my final element, and to add a little creep to the card I stamped the large spider in Basic Black ink on Smoky Slate cardstock and then cut it out with Paper Snips.  I added a piece of Whisper White Baker's Twine as if the spider was lowering itself down and used double stacked dimensionals to attach the spider.

So I have to admit, there is a lot going on this card, especially for my normal style but it's so much fun and is perfect to celebrate Halloween.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing using this fun sketch and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog