Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Candy Corn Inspired Halloween Greetings: Tags, Tags, Tags

Good morning!

One of my favorite things about Halloween in the candy, shocker I know, and in particular Candy Corn (one of my all time favorites!!)  Given that this candy treat is really only available, readily, one time a year I decided to take inspiration from the candy for this yummy card.

I started with Daffodil Delight cardstock for the cardbase and then added Basic Black cardstock as the mat for the Pumpkin Pie cardfront.  The cardfront was embossed with the Stylish Scrolls Embossing Folder and then sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink.  Then I added  a strip of the Monster Bash Designer Series Paper that was matted with Whisper White cardstock along the left side of the card.

For the main stamped image I used the new Tags, Tags, Tags stamp set and stamped the Halloween greeting using Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock and then cut it out with the coordinating Trio of Tags Dies (remember, you can save 10% by purchasing both the stamp set and dies as a bundle).  To make the candy corn look I used my Blender Pen and the Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie ink to lightly blend the colors for that classic look.  I used Basic Black dimensionals to attach the greeting to the cardfront and finished it off with a knot using the Basic Black 3/8" Scalloped Edge Ribbon.

There is a tag sample in the Holiday catalog that makes this tag using the same look and it's just so fun and screams Halloween.  I really could just eat this up, and save all the calories!!

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog