Tuesday, July 4, 2017

4th of July Treats: Wood Words

Happy Independence Day!  As you know I love most holidays but the 4th of July is one of my favorites as it's always been a time to spend with family and appreciate all the freedoms we have and those who have given so much to provide those freedoms, it's not to be taken for granted.  Even though Aidan's getting older he still likes to get little treats for the holidays so this time I decided to use the new Wood Words Bundle to make this cute patriotic crate filled with tasty treats.

You could easily make this crate using the coordinating woodgrain designer series paper but I wanted a different feel for mine so I used the Whisper White Thick cardstock, Big Shot, and Wood Crate Framelits to cut it out (the thick cardstock gives the crate a little more strength).  Next I used the Woodgrain stamp set and stamped it using Sahara Sand ink (I stamped off one so it was a little lighter).  Then I used the star from the Wood Words stamp set and stamped using Real Red and Pacific Point ink.

I found these great Red, White, and Blue candies and filled a 3"x6" gusseted bag (this bag holds a lot of candy!) and then tied the top using some Pacific Point 1/4" Stitched Edge Ribbon.  The tag was cut out with a die from the same stamp set and was then stamped using the Tabs for Everything stamp set and tied the tag to the treat using some Whisper White Baker's Twine.

This treat is so cute and definitely has the patriotic feeling I was going for (and who doesn't like chocolate?)

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's project:

Product List

Have a Happy and Safe Independence Day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog