Friday, July 21, 2017

SSINKspiration Playing with Punches: Lovely Inside & Out

Good morning!  We've made it to another Friday, this summer is just flying by.  Despite the crazy heat we're having and expected to continue through the weekend I'm so looking forward to some family fun.  Today the SSINKspiration designers are having fun with punches and sharing ideas using all our wonderful punches.  So you know by now I am not a punch art girl, love and admire it but I just don't seem to have the best of luck with it so I decided to show of two of our new punches.

I started with Whisper White Thick cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Basic Black cardstock to mat the cardfront that's made with a piece of Bundle of Love Speciality Designer Series Paper.  Now I will admit, when I first saw this paper pack I just glanced and continued since I'm not in the baby or wedding frame of life right now but then I saw that the back side of each of papers is gold foil and immediately thought about all the fun I could have coloring it using emboss resist to create elegant paper for anything I need and the patterns are very neutral, so awesome!  I good a sponge and some Tranquil Tide ink and just sponged over the cardstock until I got the different coloring layers I wanted for the cardfront.

I used the Daisy Delight stamp set to stamp the large daisy in Tranquil Tide cardstock and then used the coordinating Daisy Punch (I know it's backordered right now but hoping it will be back in stock, can you believe this is the highest selling punch ever for Stampin' Up!, we all love it).  To the center of the daisy I added a Gold Faceted Gem and curled the petals up with my bone folder for some extra dimension.

For the greeting I started with the Lovely Inside & Out stamp set and stamped the "friend" in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock and then matted it with Tranquil Tide.  Next I took the new Tabs for Everything stamp set and stamped "smile" in Tranquil Tide ink on Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with the 3/4" Circle Punch.  I used the new Circle Tab Punch (you can purchase the stamp set and punch as a bundle and save 10%) to make the Basic Black tab and then attached it around the greeting layer and to the cardfront.  I wanted to tie in the gold in the background so I added three gold enamel dots from the Metallic Enamel Shapes package for a little extra bling.

I love how this card turned out and the Lost Lagoon with gold and black are perfect together and very soothing perfect to just let someone know you're thinking of them.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a wonderful weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Especially the way you used the Tab Punch!! Planning on CASE-ing it soon! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love your idea of sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much happening with this card! I never thought of sponging the DSP - totally changes it! And what a great way to use the Tab Punch. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool card! This card is both elegant and fun. Clever use of the Tab punch for sure. Got that set at OnStage and it has been collecting dust on my desk. Thanks for giving it some new life!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog