Thursday, April 7, 2016

SSINKspriation Occasions Catalog Bundles: Sunburst Sayings

Good morning!  As you know, one of the things I love about Stampin’ Up! is our coordinating products, stamps, punches, framelits/thinlits, papers, etc. when it is designed to work together it really helps take a lot of the guess work out of crafting for us and now Stampin’ Up! offers some of these coordinating products as bundles so we get to save 15% when we purchase the items that naturally go together (bonus!!)  Today over on the SSINKspiration  blog we’re sharing projects made with our favorite product bundle items from the Occasions Catalog.  There are so many great bundles to choose from but I decided to use the Sunburst Thinlit and coordinating stamp set (one, it’s a recent addition to my studio, and 2, the framelit is currently one of the weekly deal specials so if you didn’t want the stamp set you could purchase just the framelit and save some money this week!!)

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Soft Sky cardstock to mat the Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper and wrapped a piece of Hello Honey 5/8” Striped Cotton Ribbon around the bottom with a knot.

For the main image I used the Big Shot and Sunburst Thinlits Dies and cut a piece of Hello Honey Cardstock.  I used the coordinating stamp set, Sunburst Sayings and stamped the dotted lines on the sunburst using Hello Honey ink. Next I took the Square Framelits collection and some Very Vanilla cardstock and used two framelits to create a frame (and rubbed around the frame with a sponge and Crumb Cake ink.  Next I took a piece of Soft Sky cardstock for the background of the sunburst and aligned it in my frame the way I wanted and trimmed off the excess.

For the center of the sunburst I stamped the greeting also from Sunburst Sayings, using Basic Black ink on Crumb Cake cardstock, punched it out with the 1 3/8” Circle Punch and sponged around the edge with Soft Sky ink.  I used the Circle Collection Framelits and Big Shot to cut a mat for the greeting out of Gold Glimmer Paper and attached both circle pieces to the sunburst with dimensionals (lots of them!!)

This card turned out so bright and cheery (but I’ll admit I stamped the dotted lines on the sunburst after I attached the frame, if I had remembered I would have done it before so it was easier.  Sometimes you just need to let people know that you’re thinking of them and care and this card is perfect for that!  the other design team members are sharing some great cards using their favorite Occasions bundles so make sure to go check them out!

Below are easy ordering links for the current products used on today’s card:



Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog