Wednesday, April 20, 2016

SSINKspiration Birthdays: Party Pop-Up Thinlits

Good morning!  One of the things that I love celebrating all year long is birthdays and this years Occasions catalog has so many fun products perfect for birthday greetings.  Today over on the SSINKspiration blog it's all about birthdays and this is a fun birthday card we made at this months card class.

I started with Crushed Curry cardstock for the cardbase and then took a piece of Tip Top Taupe cardstock and embossed it with the Big Shot and Confetti Embossing Folder.  Have you seen the new Party Pop-Up Thinlits in the Occasions catalog?  I love them and not just to make 3-D cards but it makes a fun focal point for a card that's super easy.  I used a piece of It's My Party Designer Series Paper and ran it through the Big Shot with the Party Pop-Up Thinlit and then trimmed it down to remove the card connector pieces.  To help the words pop up I added a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock behind the DSP piece.

I added a small "Happy Birthday" greeting using the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and punched it out with the Word Window Punch.  The final touch was to add a bow using the Melon Mambo Baker's Twine from the Baker's Twine Combo Pack (I used two pieces of twine for a double bow).

I love how easy the tools make this card but it really packs a punch, perfect to celebrate a special day!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:



Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog