Thursday, April 14, 2016

SSINKspiration Blog Hop: Surprise Baby Shower!



Good morning!  Spring is here (even if there’s seems to be a little battle to get winter to officially leave, haha!)  and with spring comes thoughts of new things and arrivals.  On the Stylin’Stampin’ INKspiration blog that one of our team members Kim Ryden was expecting her third baby next month.  Of course we’ve all been very excited for this new arrival so we’ve decided to dedicate this months blog hop as a surprise virtual baby shower for Kim (all the projects shown in this months hop will be making their way to Kim’s nursery).  This is also perfect timing since little Mister Micah decided he was ready to join the family and arrived last weekend, whoo hoo!!

As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number #8 on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop - Donna at Geek Squad Crafting. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.

I made two items for the new mom, a card and fun 3D item.  For the card I decided to combine a couple of different challenges for inspiration, specifically the Fab Friday color challenge and the Creativate  sketch challenge (I love when I can use different sketch and color challenges for inspiration to get the creative juices flowing.

For the card I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then took a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock and embossed it with the Big Shot and Confetti Embossing Folder.  For the center strip I layered Whisper White and So Saffron cardstock and then wrapped some Basic Black Baker’s Twine around the layers before attaching to the cardfront.
These little ducks are so cute and are from the Something for Baby stamp set and I used So Saffron and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Write Markers to color the images before stamping.  I used Paper Snips to cut out each of the ducks and then cut out Pool Party and Calypso Coral circles using the Big Shot and the Circle Collection Framelits for the perfect mat.  There are tons of dimensionals attaching the circles and the ducks to the cardfront.  The final touch was the greeting and I used the Suite Sayings stamp set and stamped it in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock and then punched it out using the Washi Label Punch, dimensionals were used to attach the greeting to the cardfront.
When Micah decided to arrive early I was still working on a gift idea and then I remembered how much I enjoyed receiving items that commemorated my son’s birth so that’s what I decided to make.  I found this great frame that has two openings so Kim can add her favorite picture to the bottom.  On the top I used a piece of retired designer series paper (Basic Gray) as a mat for a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I had printed Micah’s statics (I used a Star Wars font since I’ve heard the Ryden’s are Star Wars fans).  Then I stamped some more images from the Something for Baby stamp set, cut them out and attached them to the cardstock with dimensionals.  The final touch was to added some pieces of ribbon and bow for a colorful accent (most of the ribbon pieces are retired but I did use a piece of Whisper White 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon which is current).
I don’t make lots of baby items but I really had fun with this and hope that Kim enjoys them.  I love  how fun and easy it is to make personal and unique gifts for any occasion you may need.
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s projects: 
 


 

Make sure to check out the rest of the blog hop for lots of other great ideas.  If you click the “Next” button, you’ll go to Bree’s site but you can also access any of the hopper’s site from the full blog list below. 
 
http://craft-somniamomma.blogspot.com/2016/04/hello-baby-micah.html


Blog Hop Participant List:

  1. Diana at Stampin Fun with Diana
  2. Bree at Craft-Somnia Momma
  3. Jenny at Jenny G Paper Crafts
  4. Kathy at Kathy's Stamping World
  5. Melissa at The Stamp Doc
  6. Jennifer at Happy 2 Scrap 4 Life
  7. Heidi at Stuck on Stampin'
  8. Donna at Geek Squad Crafting

Have a great day,

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a cute little row of ducks!! I love your use of the Confetti EF here - great idea! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Love the little ducks, perfect with the color scheme. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana - what a sweet card! I love how you accented the circle around the middle duck. Such a wonderful use of these colors. Thanks so much for playing along with this FabFriday color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana,
    Love your pretty card and the lovely baby gift! I love it when you can make something so unique and personal - like using the Star Wars font. Your friend will love it. I do!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog