Wednesday, August 26, 2015

SSINKspiration Mystery Supply Challenge: Remarkable You

Good morning!  We made it to Vero Beach last night and after several days of being on the go all day, we’re starting the relaxing part of our vacation and looking forward to several days of beach and pool fun.  Today over on the Stylin’Stampin’ INKspiration blog we’re we decided to change things up and do a Mystery Basket Challenge.  This is kind of like “Chopped”, each designer that wanted to participate signed up and we were randomly assigned another designer and we mailed the designer 3 items, could be a stamped image, DSP, ribbon, etc. and incorporating those three items the designer needs to complete a project.  Jenn Campbell was the designer who mailed me my mystery basket and I will admit she stumped me at first with the two metallic items (you know I love my bling but I usually only use one item of bling on each card so I had to think on this one for awhile).

I started with Calypso Coral cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. I added a piece of Watermelon Wonder paper from the 2015-2017 In Colors Envelope Paper and matted it with Cucumber Crush cardstock and wrapped the 1/8” Silver Taffeta Ribbon around the DSP layer before attaching it to the cardfront.

Jenn had already provided the stamped flower image (from the Remarkable You stamp set) and I colored it in using Calypso Coral, Watermelon Wonder, and Cucumber Crush Stampin’ Write Markers.  I used the Big Shot and Oval Collection Framelits to cut out the image and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  I took the piece of Silver Sequin Trim and folded it in half and tucked it behind the flower piece for the added bling.  The final element was to add the greeting, using the Something to Say stamp set and stamped it in Watermelon Wonder ink, punched it out with the 1 ¼” Circle Punch and then matted it with a Cucumber Crush piece that was punched out with the 1 3/8” Circle Punch and attached with dimensionals.

Adding all the pops of color and splash of black really helped offset the Silver and white elements that was blending with my eye.  I also really enjoyed coloring in the flower since I don’t have this stamp set, thanks Jenn for the challenge.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team shared.  We had a lot of fun with this “mystery basket” and I can’t wait to do it again.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


                                                            
Have a great Wednesday and I hope you enjoyed today’s card!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog