Tuesday, August 25, 2015

2015 Holiday Catalog Preview: Cozy Christmas

Good morning!  One week from today the Holiday catalog will be officially released and everyone can start ordering for their holiday cards and projects.  I have to say that this is one of the best Holiday catalogs I’ve seen, I’m really in love with ALMOST everything in the catalog (yes my wallet is crying!!).  I will say that if there are products, kits, etc. that are on your must have list, please order early to ensure you have all the product you need in time (we’ve seen how popular our kits have been in the past so I would imagine that some of them may have delays in shipments due to backorders (just guessing) and I would hate for you to miss out, so consider yourself warned and order early!

While I was in Salt Lake City for convention last month we had the opportunity see, and play with some of the wonderful products so today I thought I would share one of the Make & Take Projects, using the Cozy Christmas Product Suite, to wet your whistle.

I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Old Olive cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder. Next I used two pieces of the Home for Christmas Designer Series Pack and offset them.  Next I took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the greeting in Old Olive ink using the Cozy Christmas stamp set.

Isn’t this little Santa cute?  One of the patterns in the DSP package is full of the Santa images and I just cute one out using my Paper Snips and attached him to the cardfront with dimensionals.  This paper is awesome, it is all watercolor inspired and several of prints have the larger images that would be perfect to paper pierce and use as is (other than fussy cutting).  In addition to the Santa, it’s really the new embellishments that really amp up the WOW factor on this card.  I used a piece of Very Vanilla 1 ¼” Subtle Stripes Satin Ribbon (attached with a staple) and one of the new Home for Christmas Designer Buttons (this one looks like a poinsettia) and it has a piece of Old Olive Baker’s Twine tied in the center.

I love all the coordinating elements in this product suite (as well as several others in the catalog) that work so well together and make beautiful cards really easy to make.  You could easily make this card by the dozens if you wanted (enjoy a movie while cutting out all your little Santa’s to really make the time go by).

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card (links for products in the Holiday catalog will be live on September 1):
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a great day!
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog