Friday, February 27, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: For Peeps Sake

Happy Friday!  What a crazy week, I have to say winter sure make resisting leaving but boy I’m ready for spring.  In order to help get us starting to think spring thoughts I decided to break out one of the new Easter sets, For Peeps Sake, for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch challenge.  This is a fun sketch and really let’s you play with multiple elements and accessories to really dress things up.  I started with Crisp Cantaloupe for the cardbase and then added a piece of Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper.

For the main stamped image I stamped the little peeps in Crisp Cantaloupe on Whisper White cardstock and then used Stampin’ Write Markers to color elements in.  A 2” Circle Punch was used to punch out the design and then I matted it with a piece of Marina Mist cardstock that was cut out with the Big Shot and the Floral Frames Framelits.

For the greeting I used the For Peeps Sake stamp set and stamped with Black Memento Ink on So Saffron cardstock.  Then I decided to add several different ribbon elements, Marina Mist Chevron Ribbon, and Whisper White Organza Ribbon (that I died with Pear Pizzaz ink), as well as a bow made with a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker’s Twine.

This card is really helping start to think spring really is just around the corner (21 days) so we can make it.  I was actually born on Easter Sunday so this holiday has special meaning and I can’t wait to make more projects for the season.  The design team has shared some great cards so go check them out for inspiration and then play along and see what you can create.



Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have a great day and relaxing weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog