Sunday, February 15, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #57

Happy Sunday!  What an interesting weekend.  We had a very successful birthday sleepover (oh my do boys have a lot of energy) and then the weather, it was crazy to look outside and hardly be able to see the house across the street due to the snow and wind, thankfully we got to enjoy it all from inside.  Today's Aidan's birthday so we're planning even more birthday fun but I wanted to make sure to share my card for this weeks Can You Case It? sketch challenge. We were given a challenge to make a card in under 10 minutes with only two layers, not as easy as it sounds.  Since I have birthdays on the mind I decided to go in that direction for today's card.

I started with Smoky Slate for the cardbase and then added a piece of DSP from the Flashback Designer Series Paper.  For the greeting I used the Amazing Birthday stamp and made my second layer, the greeting be the main focus.  I used Stampin' Write Markers to color on the stamp before stamping on Very Vanilla cardstock.  After stamping I used the Angled Tag Topper Punch to punch the top of the tag.  I also sponged all around the edge of the tag with Smoky Slate ink.  I did add a little extra element by stamping the "Make" from the greeting with Memento Ink on Smoky Slate cardstock, cut it out with Paper Snips and attached it to the tag with dimensionals.



To dress up the top of the tag I added a piece of Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon and then tied a bow around the ribbon with some Basic Black Baker's Twine.  The final touch was to attach the tag to the card and I used dimensionals to pop it up.

This card turned out nice and bold and will definitely cheer up some on their special day.  The design team has made some fabulous cards so go check them out and then play along and share what you make so we can all enjoy!







Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy the rest of your weekend,

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog